Options Counselling Coordinator: Job Posting
Planned Parenthood Ottawa has provided pro-choice sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services for over 50 years. We seek a creative and experienced Options Counselling Coordinator to provide leadership for our crisis counselling services.
Our Options Counselling program offers free, pro-choice, all-options pregnancy counselling that provides the information and support people need to make their own decisions. “All-options”includes parenting, adoption, and abortion -- based on whichever options clients wish to explore. Our counselling program provides a safe, supportive space to address any concerns and questions related to sexual and reproductive health, including pregnancy options, contraception, post-decision and post-abortion support,safer sex, HIV and sexually transmitted infections.
The ideal candidate:
· Has worked as a counselor in a feminist environment plus related education and/or training
· Has a professional practice and personal perspective that are grounded in an intersectional and anti-oppressive framework
· Can provide confident leadership for applying an intersectional/anti-oppression approach
· Has knowledge and/or an acute interest in sexual and reproductive health and rights
· Has exemplary intercultural and interpersonal communication skills
· Is an energetic and collaborative self-starter
· Must be a multi-tasker, creative problem-solver, and pro-choice
· Thrives in a team environment
· Speaks English and French. Other languages are also a strong asset.
1.Options Support Services
• Provide counselling services by appointment and for drop-ins
• Coordinate Options Program, including scheduling volunteer counselors and clients, program promotion, recruitment and training of new counsellors
• Organize regular Options volunteer meetings
• Ensure that all Options materials are up-to-date and accurate.
2.Coordinate Information and Referral Services
• Provide information and referrals by phone, e-mail,and in person with support of volunteer team
• Remain up-to-date on issues relevant to the agency,volunteering, and SRH; provide regular updates to staff and volunteers
• Network with other service providers to stay up-to-date and informed.
3. Volunteer Development
• Coordinate volunteer teams, particularly counselling, office support, and email support teams;
• Take the lead in volunteer recruitment
• Collaborate with staff team to develop/deliver volunteer training and professional development
• Maintain and update database of all volunteers and members
• Enhance communications systems for volunteers and members
• Identify and foster community partnerships
• Assist people who drop-in for services at the PPO office
• Participate in development and distribution of appropriate materials
• Ensure appropriate record keeping & data collection
• Prepare and provide reports to the Executive Director as requested
• Contribute to performance reviews, staff hiring,and team building
• Other duties as assigned.
Planned Parenthood Ottawa is committed to diversifying its staff to ensure that a variety of life experiences are represented and that it is reflective of the different communities in the Ottawa area. This includes but is not limited to: LGBTQ+ communities; racialized communities; Indigenous/First Nations communities; people living with invisible and visible disabilities and/or individuals living with intersecting marginalization(s).
Full time: 37.5 hours/week with a flexible schedule
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest describing how you qualify for the position and your motivation to work with Planned Parenthood Ottawa. The deadline is November 16th at 5pm.