Planned Parenthood Ottawa (PPO) is the lead organization on the Bridging Services for Women: Coordinating a Community Response to Violence Against Women and Sexual and Reproductive Health project, and we are seeking a part-time Researcher/Project Coordinator on a 4 month contract to fulfill Phase One of this important project.
About the Project
The Bridging Services project will facilitate cross-sector resource sharing and capacity building by:
1) Equipping VAW workers with training on reproductive coercion, with an emphasis on pro-choice attitudes and values, contraceptive options, pregnancy options, and SRH primary care services and relevant community resources;
2) Equipping SRH workers with training on reproductive coercion, with an emphasis on supporting and responding to disclosures of violence, safety planning, and VAW services and relevant community resources.
Phase 1) a 4 month needs assessment component in order to inform the development of training materials
Phase 2) Develop workshops and training materials for use with VAW and SRH workers (not yet funded)
Phase 3) Implement workshops in the VAW and SRH sectors and deliver sustainability model (not yet funded)
- Working with the Staff and Advisory Team from Planned Parenthood Ottawa, Ottawa Coalition to End Violence Against Women (OCTEVAW), Canadians for Choice (CFC) and The Canadian Federation for Sexual Health (CFSH), create an environmental scan plan
- Conduct the Environmental Scan including focus groups and individual interviews using a variety of techniques and tools including in-person and online as appropriate
- Analyze and summarize responses to the Environmental Scan and prepare a presentation to be delivered at one or more community forums.
- Conduct a resource review, summarize local, regional and national tools of use to the Ottawa community
- Provide regular feedback and updates to the Executive Director in a timely fashion as required and for Board and Advisory meetings.
- Prepare a final report, including community feedback to the presentation and recommendations for the content of the Bridging workshops.
- Supervise the work of an Intern assigned to the project for the purposes of research.
- BA or MA in Social Work or equivalent
- Significant interest and knowledge of both VAW and SRH environments and issues
- Proven track record of research and documentation
- Some experience with supervision & team based outputs
- Ability to complete the research and deliver outputs working independently
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Driver’s license is an asset
Contract Duration: 16 weeks/15 hours per week
Contract Rate of Pay: $24/hr.
Please apply with cover letter and resume by Thursday, September 5th at 5pm.
Attn: Rachel Horsley, (Interim) Executive Director
Many thanks to all who choose to apply, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, September 13th